mom of all trades

mom of all trades

Listed among the best Indian blogs by mommies

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Unlikely Hero

If any one were to ask my son, about his favorite superheroes (yes he has a list of them)
they would be very surprised. Of course there is the ‘chota Bheem” “spiderman” “BenTen” array; but among them, one stands out for the mere reason that my “superior adult mind’ would never have put him in this category. He is my son’s auto driver or auto uncle as he is fondly known as. It all came to light when a well meaning guest asked nachikaet what he wanted to be when he grew up. pat came the reply..”auto uncle’ . The guest and I were equally bewildered. To him, the way his auto uncle maneuvers around traffic to get him to school on time, screams at people who dares to delay their daily jaunts, allows him to drive the auto on by lanes is nothing short of heroic. It set me thinking that if we allow ourselves to look at world around us, through our children’s’ eyes once in a while, I’m sure we can see a hero in the most unlikely places. My son made me realize that the world we live in has so much to teach us if only we choose to open our eyes and ears to its marvels

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, my space. So true abt finding heroes in unlikely corners of the world.

    Your little one, looks super cute. Take care, be back later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would have thought that our kids would teach us values and morals!!
    Happened to stumble upon your blog as I was blog hopping. Your son is very cute :-) Do visit my page when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nachiket is so cute (kaala teekha).. its a different world, when seen through the eyes of a child..and per me, more profound than the views we have..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx for dropping by. sometimes,seeing thru a child's eye would simplify things for so many of us !!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how thoughtful is that. children's minds are usually so pure that it amazes us, doesn't it?

    nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anu ,very interesting read .Iread out the passage to jayashri .Iwas trying to contact but some how it did,nt work out
    regards
    aunty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet, loved reading this post.

    ReplyDelete