mom of all trades

mom of all trades

Listed among the best Indian blogs by mommies

Monday, November 8, 2010

A first helping of “reunion” for the soul!!!

  
The family.  We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.  ~Erma Bombeck

Last August, we spent a wonderful weekend at a seaside resort where my father’s side of the family got together for what can be termed as our first official family “reunion” It was a lovely experience for Nachikaet. It was one of those rare occasions when all the people in the resort were related to him!!! The amazing part was that all of us took time out to spend a couple of days with each other (the family has a lot of NRI population). What really surprised me is how i could pick up threads and continue as if i had spent all my days with them.  I guess that’s what family means.  Aunts, uncles who appear in every childhood memory of mine ..nephews and nieces who have grown up so fast it made me wonder whether I’m stepping into “old age”…cousins whom I’ve grown up with; now with delightful kids of their own  ..i couldn’t get enough of them in two days. I want Nachikaet to grow up as I have, knowing what it is to be part of this huge circle of love. Hopefully we can make this an annual ritual where every body goes away with a warm feeling inside.. a true reunion of hearts….Love you Family!!!!

Here is a picture of all of us at the resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment