mom of all trades

mom of all trades

Listed among the best Indian blogs by mommies

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baking up a storm!!!

I have always been nervous about baking. Although my mother has been baking lovely goodies ever since I was a kid, I have never really tried to bake anything. I was always under the impression that it was something of a rocket science...the measuring, the sifting , getting the batter to be "just so",  ....until  last week . I had the good fortune of attending a baking workshop which changed my perceptions about baking forever.
It  was a one day workshop..called "sugar rush saturdays"  conducted by the very talented Madhuri Kumar of http://www.bakenomics.wordpress.com/. It was a day filled with girlie chatter, delicious aromas, sticky fingers, boosted confidence and of course, lovely baked goodies. Madhuri taught me that baking, like everything else in life is  an art which requires equal amount of  dedication and passion....but most importantly the willingness to take the plunge. I was amazed to discover that I actually enjoyed the whole process of baking. Another highlight of the day was a very sweet friend that I made -Rashmi who was just as nervous as me about baking!!!!  
So here is hoping that this would be the beginning of a very long and hopefully illustrious  relationship with my brand new Morphy Richards OTG
Here is a picture of  the 'first time bakers' proudly displaying their baked goodies!!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment